Company OverviewMy client is an American electronic goods company with a successful business in both Japan and the APAC area as a whole. Their product range covers many different areas and they are a global leader in each field. Due to the success of the business they are expanding rapidly and are hoping to hire someone to join their team either as Senior Accountant to add immediate value to what is already a dynamic and developing group.
Job DescriptionThe Sr. Manager will directly support the Country Controller of Japan, managing the day-to-day activities surrounding accounting, reporting, and statutory matters (tax, treasury) to ensure activities are alinged with local, corporate and divisional policy. This individual will manage a team of Sr. Accountants, Accountants and (Sr.) Analysts covering all divisions within the company across multiple enterprise environments.
• Oversee cost, general accounting, cost center, intercompany activities, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, WBS, fixed asset, treasury and tax functions for both JGAAP and IFRS.
• Compliance process (Audit - SOX, monthly/Quarterly Audit packs, BS account review);
• Ownership of financial reports to corporate (monthly/quarterly/annual close as well as audit packs) to be reviewed with Country Controller on both business and total country levels
• Administer maintenance of general ledgers and financial statements.
• Perform due diligence on specific line items, cost center, intercompany or WBS transactions to ensure compliance & accuracy.
• Ensures procedures and controls are adequate and functioning to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
• Coordinates, and administers, an adequate plan for control of the operations.
• Implements Company and accounting policies and procedures related to financial activities.
• Administer Bank accounts and review with Country Controller to monitor cash flow requirements and currency needs.
• Discuss financial matters with local tax advisors ensuring local tax compliance, coordinating with global corporate tax
• Collaborates on the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
• Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual account analysis for all accounts; reviews audit pack reports per compliance.
• Undertakes special studies and investigations as requested by senior management or those that are self-directed.
• Reviews and reports monthly variance analysis process.
• Maintain planning and budgeting systems in enterprise environments working closely with finance business partners in Japan and globally throughout the organization.
Requirements• Bachelor’s Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
• Work experience in international company
• Knowledge and work experience based on both IFRS and J-GAAP
• Bilingual (Japanese native & business level English) in speaking, reading and writing
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and definitions
• Experience and knowledge of SAP is mandatory; experience with BPC preferred
• Accreditation with Charter Accounting, Tax or Internal Controls is preferred.
• Book-keeping knowledge and month-end experience preferred
• Exposure to FP&A preferred
• Prior experience with internal audit preferred.
• Must have displayed timely and accurate work