Company OverviewOne of the world’s TOP 3 Medical Device companies
Job DescriptionCORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Storytelling: Deliver impactful external visibility for the company through storytelling. Results should center on Corporate / Enterprise stories, trend stories, business stories, brand stories and reputation building stories. Support the company by thoughtfully leveraging the unique offerings of the company’s portfolio through strategic product communications.
· Media Relationships: Cultivate, maintain and develop sound relationships with editors, media and other key external influencers to help build, enhance and protect the company's reputation and drive our business forward. Leverage editor and journalist relationships to proactively build awareness about the company and its offerings through Japanese media (and Japan correspondents in the US, other parts of Asia and Europe). Act as a company spokesperson for the company in Japan for Corporate and division responses, formulating appropriate messaging to support company image, brands and business.
· Proactively Managing Issues: Effectively manage the company's public issues, either neutralizing/keeping the company out of coverage, or ensuring the company message is delivered in coverage when desired. Anticipate and identify potential issues and develop action plans to address them. Manage day-to-day crises and issues relating to the company and its businesses/brands across Japan. Ensure key contacts and key spokespeople in Japan understand when to engage Public Affairs as it relates to an issue.
· Engaging Employees: Lead the ongoing enterprise-wide, employee communications. Provide support to raise the internal communications capability of leaders in Japan.
· Driving / Supporting the Business: Deliver communications across Japan that will build the company’s competitive advantage, position and market share. Convey stories about the company’s innovation in Japan.
· Support all company brand efforts with external PR and thought leadership – particularly around the Tokyo Marathon. Incorporate the company brand in all communications, internally and externally. Support the thought leadership strategy as initiatives with supporting information and execution – particularly through executive visibility in Japan.
· Agency management including budget and account management. Ensure PR agencies are optimally managed – from having contracts in place to ensure ROI and value for money.
· Minimum education is a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Minimum 10 years’ corporate communications/public relations experience. Multinational experience with a Healthcare, Pharma, and food/FMCG company preferred.
· Understanding of Japan market dynamics and U.S. business practices necessary.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
· Fluency in English.
· Proven record in managing media & editor relations; stakeholder relations; business, brand and corporate communications; and issues/crisis management in a collaboration-oriented environment.
· Proven success in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
Public Affairs Competencies
· Communication Skills
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Sense of urgency / speed of action
· Collaborative, results orientation
Additional Job InformationIf interested, please contact RGF Hr Consultant Joseph Coudray at:
D: +81-3-6422-4446 | M: +81-(0)80-9986-5689