Company OverviewCompany is a hybrid cloud data services and data management company. They offer a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation.
Job Description• Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions.
• Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
• May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions.
• May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
• May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
• Report only those incumbents with incentives tied to product sales.
• May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects with significant interdependencies.
• May supervise other less senior members within same function.
Requirements• Expert in a specific product or a specific market.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams
• Account management and project management experience.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
• Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and effective ways.
• Responsible for specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
• Effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, and employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
• Successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives across functional groups.
• Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
• Ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives.