Company OverviewGlobal Engineering Firm - seeking senior internal IT member for Japan office.
Job DescriptionMAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the proper functioning of all internal infrastructure and, if failure occurs, clearly
communicate this to the affected parties.
• Ensure the proper functioning of all internal IT systems and respond to the alerts
generated by the monitoring systems
• Assist the Infrastructure team with capacity planning for new projects on current and
• Ensure all IT Systems and network devices are managed, maintained and monitored.
All systems on the network should be patched and no more than 2 months out of date
with vendor and software patches.
• Any systems that are not conforming to the patch schedule needs to be documented
and a response plan should be in place.
• Work closely with key partners to ensure the Infrastructure team is up to date with
upcoming requirements such as security incidents, emergency patching and new
firmware and BIOS releases
• Ensure all Internal IT systems are backed up and perform regular test restores
(including of the backup system itself)
• Provide system and security reports to Global Infrastructure Manager on a regular
• Ensure documented procedures are in place for incident management and response.
• Respond to infrastructure incidents as a first point of contact after tickets have been
triaged by service desk.
• Continually look for areas of improvement in technologies and proactively take steps to
automate support tasks wherever possible.
• Take ownership and lead security projects as and when required.
• The entire IT user community internally and externally. The entire infrastructure externally
• Accountable for the IT Operations of the IT infrastructure and IT Systems internally in.
(1) External Communication
• Regular contact with IT suppliers and support partners
(2) Internal Communication
• Extensive contact with IT infrastructure users in all locations.
ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS:
This role can be home based or in an office.
40 hours per week as seishain - Within the rules of the flexi-time scheme.
Global travelling might be required from time to time.
- 1or 2 times a year to China and UK (not during pandemics)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE JOB HOLDER:
A degree in a relevant subject or qualified by experience
Skills & Experience
5 years’ experience of
• Endpoint security solutions such as Sophos Anti-virus
• Desktop support
• Windows 7 and above
2 years’ experience of
• Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and core components such as Azure, ADDS,
• Office365 support and security monitoring
• Windows server 2008R2 and above
• Networking (WAN and LAN)
• Technical security solution
• Other operating systems such as Linux and iOS
• Cooperation and Team working
• Commitment to Excellence
• Training and Development
• Expertise and Professionalism
• Problem Solving/ Analysis
Conversation or better English