Company OverviewGlobal advanced materials (chemical) company
Job DescriptionJapan Senior Sales Engineer, Automotive Electronics, West Japan
This position is key to our Japan business. We are a global leader in advanced chemical materials. We enable companies around the world to manufacture top quality products through the utilization and application of our advanced materials.
We’re looking for a talented and strong sales professional to nurture our business in Japan as Senior Sales Engineer. This position will handle our key accounts within electronics business unit, namely big names in automotive market, to utilize our products on automotive applications..
• Work closely with customers understanding application, their manufacturing processes, test conditions, and needs.
• Additionally, this job will co-ordinate closely with the Product Development team to provide feedback and alpha site testing of new materials.
• Make the strategy to promote existing material more and find new opportunity to develop valuable material to grow business in this area along with auto technology trend and automotive supply chain trend.
• Regularly interact with a dedicated global team sharing best practices, translating opportunities and driving global programs.
• Providing technical customer support for existing products.
• Contacting customer’s engineering team to get spec qualification.
• Creating new product development program working with marketing team along with market technology trend.
• Coordinate customer testing requirements inside our global Application Labs.
• Keeping appraised of industry techniques and trends.
• Extensive travel to customers and distributors will be required.
• More than 5 years’ experience in sales engineer / technical sales/ solution sales function within automotive market
• Knowledge of advance materials application in automotive electronics highly preferable
• High fluency of English (able to do video conference calls)
• B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field welcome but not mandatory
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to work in fast-paced industry with strong teamwork and communication skills
• Ability to develop customer / industry relationships and trust
• High motivation for learning products / business / market
• Have no fear of failing / asking questions