Company OverviewGlobal FMCG company
Job DescriptionPosition: Supply & Demand Planning Manager, Japan
Function: Finance, Reporting to Head of Finance
- To lead and manage the entire demand planning process and the development of accurate and timely demand forecasts.
- To record, analyse and cascade timely and accurate in-market & off-take sales reports.
- To ensure product purchase/delivery to warehouse from factories in accordance with corporate process and policy.
- To develop and manage optimum stock-holding levels throughout the supply chain to eliminate risk of out-of-stocks (and optimise working capital).
- To ensure logistics operation, effectively liaising with external logistics service suppliers.
- Provide the Management Team with visibility of the forecast, communicating the rationale for changes and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Works closely with all functions in Japan NGP business and develop a close working relationship with the Global Supply Group.
Demand & Supply Planning:
- Ensure the accuracy of the forecast for all product groups, in line with Supply Chain and Finance requirements, championing use of best practice methodologies for forecasting and scenario planning
- Developing the appropriate statistical models for the baseline forecast and modelling of specific events, one-off impacts and new innovations.
- Conduct accurate scenario planning models and ensure that forecasting processes are aligned with key stakeholders in Finance and Sales & Marketing.
- Lead development of annual company volume forecast and ensure all the volume development in line with company plan.
- Prepare the forecast performance review and conduct a cross-functional forecast sign-off, protecting the integrity of the forecast while coming to an agreed position.
- Present forecast and analysis to key stakeholders and agree actions to address issues.
- Co-ordinate development of forecast for new products, initiatives, migrations and de-lists. Collaborate and engage with cross functions and stakeholders.
- Cascade overall channel/account demand forecasts by brand/SKU together with a commentary to explain trends to all sales & marketing users in line with agreed frequency.
- Liaise with distributor & ITG global supply chain operation to ensure production and shipment forecasts reflect agreed final company demand forecast by SKU.
- Analyse and report distributor/channel/account in-market sales volumes by customer/SKU in line with agreed frequency.
- Analyse and report customer off-take volumes in line with agreed frequency.
- Establish close working relationship with sales & marketing colleagues to ensure all brand/trade marketing activities, new innovations & promotions are in line with demand planning and forecasting for optimal result and impact in the field.
- Record & analyse forecast accuracy by customer/SKU ongoing and provide support to improve performance where necessary.
- Maintain an accurate history of in-market sales volumes by customer/brand/SKU.
- Responsible for inventory procurement process, planning and quality monitoring
- Proactively manage the product flow from end to end with good and frequent communications with our key stakeholders such as distributors and logistics partners
- Analyse and report on customer stockholding by SKU, identify any potential shortfalls vs offtake history and recommend necessary action to avoid potential out-of-stocks. Manage inventory with agreed stock level
- Analyse and report on distributor stockholding by SKU, identify any potential shortfalls vs demand forecasts & shipment plans and recommend necessary action to avoid potential out-of-stocks.
- Working close with our Regional Supply Group and 3PL logistic service provider to ensure agreed customer service standard.
- Keeping senior management updated with the inventory level of main products by SKU
- To ensure timely product delivery to warehouse liaising with Sales/Finance team and factories in overseas
- Ensure smooth in-coming goods operation liaising with external logistics service providers
- Coordinate ad-hock warehouse related works with external logistics service provider, such as inventory write-off and defect goods handling.
- Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders to enable smooth product launches and distribution across the country
- To act as a contact point for product quality related issues and communicate with relevant parties
- Sales team
- NGP team
- ITG supply chain function
- Distributor stock management and procurement staff
- Finance team
1. Knowledge of channels & overall trade in FMCG environment
2. Demand planning expertise
3. Supply chain management expertise
4. Particular skills in spreadsheet development (MS Excel) and core demand forecasting systems
5. Strong presentation, influencing and general communication skills.
6. University or above with Business major is preferred.
7. Business level of spoken & written English
8. Knowledge/experience in SAP is plus
1. 6 year working experience in FMCG
2. 3+ years management experience in demand & supply planning in FMCG
Additional Job InformationLocation: Tokyo, Japan
For more details, contact Lei Lei at firstname.lastname@example.org