Company OverviewCompany is a global information technology enterprise, providing IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. They specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their datacenters, enhance support to their clients, and modernize their enterprise applications. Services include, outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology.
The Dispatch Field Service Engineer performs on-site break fix and IMAC activities associated with installing, maintaining and servicing computer-related products at customer sites covering 7x24 hours by using standard methods, techniques and tools applicable to the area in which they are working. Equipment support includes Servers, Storage and SAN Switches, Laptops/Desktops Network/Wan optimization equipment etc.
• Provide hardware break fix service and support for Servers, Storage, Networks, desktops, hand held devices and laptops.
• Install and configure Servers, Storage, Networks, PCs/laptops and peripherals.
• Install and setup OS and peripherals application.
• Perform installs, moves, adds and changes as required.
• Provide follow-up on problems or escalation.
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism in all actions.
• Ensure customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
• Help team members and act as backup as required.
• Be willing to adapt to changes and processes per business requirements
Requirements• Experience in enterprise system/hardware troubleshooting and problem resolution, including Desktop/Laptop break-fix. Which include multi-vendor hardware support for servers and storage device.
• Computer hardware break fix service experience for Enterprise Server and Storage products, desktops and laptops.
• Experience supporting and building relationships with a range of clients & strong customer support experience.
• Strong experience working as part of a team and also working individually.
• Willingness to work overtime after hours/Sat/Sun/public holidays and changing shifts and work flexibly as needed.
• Experience in hardware break fix servicing for storage devices such as DELL/EMC and NetApp is a prerequisite.
• Knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft OS, VMware, Linux, UNIX, etc is a prerequisite.
• Familiar with Enterprise Backup applications.
• Relevant technical certification such as MCSE, VMware, Comptia or Linux is preferred.
• Excellent analytical and client communication skills.
• Ability to achieve set calls per day target.
• Willingness for high travel to client locations when needed
• Depending on assigned location, a private vehicle and a valid driving license may be a prerequisite. Typically, this is in locations like non-metro areas where access to local train/bus network is not available.
• Ability to communicate (Read/Write) in English & Japanese preferred.
• Diploma or Degree in electronics or computer engineering