Company OverviewCompany is a hybrid cloud data services and data management company. They offer a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation.
Job Description• Technical Support Engineer provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
• Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
• Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
• May be involved in customer installation and training.
• Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Requirements• Fluent Japanese written and verbal communication skills with conversational English
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Solid understanding of the following protocols and applications: -NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol -CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
• SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
• TCP/IP and Networking -RAID
• Storage System operating systems such as Data ONTAP or E-Series Operating System (EOS)
• Solutions developed around specific applications involving FAS storage systems
• The usage of tools, logs, and support tools needed to analyze system issues
• At least 1 or more areas of expertise such as: backup hardware platforms and peripheral devices
• UNIX/Linux configuration, administration and technical support
• Microsoft Windows environment configuration, system administration and technical support
• NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
• Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and related required protocols (DNS, NIS, and Active Directory)
• Cluster-Mode Storage Solutions and related technologies
• The interoperability of enterprise applications (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP) and solutions
• Server, and Desktop Virtualization Solutions (such as Citrix (XenDesktop), Dell (Quest – EOL), LISTEQ, Microsoft (Hyper-V), Nimboxx (VERDE NComputing), Oracle (VirtualBox), and VMware (Horizon View).