|職名||Technical Support Engineer|
|勤務地||Japan - Tokyo|
Company is a hybrid cloud data services and data management company. They offer a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation.
• Technical Support Engineer provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
• Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
• Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
• May be involved in customer installation and training.
• Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
• Fluent Japanese written and verbal communication skills with conversational English
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Solid understanding of the following protocols and applications: -NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol -CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
• SAN connectivity methodologies for storage systems
• TCP/IP and Networking -RAID
• Storage System operating systems such as Data ONTAP or E-Series Operating System (EOS)
• Solutions developed around specific applications involving FAS storage systems
• The usage of tools, logs, and support tools needed to analyze system issues
• At least 1 or more areas of expertise such as: backup hardware platforms and peripheral devices
• UNIX/Linux configuration, administration and technical support
• Microsoft Windows environment configuration, system administration and technical support
• NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
• Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and related required protocols (DNS, NIS, and Active Directory)
• Cluster-Mode Storage Solutions and related technologies
• The interoperability of enterprise applications (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP) and solutions
• Server, and Desktop Virtualization Solutions (such as Citrix (XenDesktop), Dell (Quest – EOL), LISTEQ, Microsoft (Hyper-V), Nimboxx (VERDE NComputing), Oracle (VirtualBox), and VMware (Horizon View).