Duties and Responsibilities:
This position translates and interprets Japanese into English, and vice versa. To support the project team (for Life Insurance client), you will translate the technical documents mostly from Japanese to English or English to Japanese, and meets the customer deadline for delivery.
The following are day-to-day tasks to be performed but not limited to:
- With in-depth knowledge of the English language, perform translation of written text from Japanese into English (and vice versa) in various business and social settings.
- Translate a variety of material, particularly formal legal, technological documentation, from Japanese to English and vice versa, with attention to fact and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved.
- Edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared by other employees and contractors.
- Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Prepare project reports and documentation.
- Prepare project proposals, training materials, technical reports, online documentation and help systems for assigned projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Japanese or related
- More than 3 years experiences in translation/interpretation in IT projects
- Have strong experiences in technical translation and technical writing in IT area
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical abilities
- Proficient with office automation tools (MS Office Suite of Products-Intermediate skills-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project etc)
- Ability to work with business and technical team members and execute in time sensitive environments is required.
Proficient in Japanese and English will be required, at least Business level both in writing and speaking