Company OverviewDo you want to travel the world and test our digital devices? Are you interested in engineering new products that will service millions of customers in global markets? We are looking for self-directed, high-energy, test engineers to verify device performance, connectivity, and reliability in the real world. You will have a chance to practice strong project ownership including large scale planning and coordinating sprint activities with our global partners, and delivering the best results for our customers.
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of cutting-edge technologies and innovative products and develop tools and processes to find defects, characterize those defects with detailed communications and log files and then work as part of a team to triage those defects into fixes. Our Field Engineers have supported various engineering aspects of digital products such as applications, E-reader, tablet, Dash Button, Fire TV, and Dash Replenishment Service. We continue to build more innovative digital products and solutions and you would play a crucial role to guarantee their success.
Job DescriptionOur JP Mobile Consumer Experience team is seeking a talented, passionate senior user experience designer to work on our products. This designer will be responsible for designing the UI architecture, interaction flow, and aesthetics of our current and new mobile shopping experience. We're looking for a designer to create elegant, intuitive user interfaces that meet business needs. This designer will have a significant impact on the creative direction of the shopping experience with particular focus on the challenges of designing for Japanese customers.
• Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
• Art direct or design the visual design of the web and software applications
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and our executives for review and feedback
• Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
We are an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
• Experience designing for the web and web based devices
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience
• Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InVision, and Dreamweaver
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Japanese and English fluency
•Expertise with native Android and iOS apps and experiences