The Administration Officer will perform administrative tasks required by school and school staff, forming part of the Administration team and based at one of the school’s campuses in Tokyo.
As part of the role, the successful applicant will also be tasked with the development of efficient administrative procedures and processes to support daily school operations, as well as working closely with, and assisting the Administration Manager to ensure the smooth operations of the department.
● Provide administrative support in a manner consistent with the highest level of performance and professionalism.
● Prepare spreadsheets٫ presentations, and statistical and budget reports.
● Coordinate complex school trip arrangements and logistics and submit related expense reports to Finance.
● Organize and prepare necessary documents for Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s (TMG) subsidy, Local Government, and the Private Schools Foundation (Shigaku Zaidan).
● Serve as a back-up receptionist, responsible for greeting clients and visitors to the campus building, handling all incoming calls, including their transfer to the relevant person.
● Represent the team and contribute to meetings with stakeholders.
● Build and maintain professional relationships between other departments within the school.
● Identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency with the Administration Manager, and help to coordinate their implementation.
● Support the evaluation of outside contractors, e.g. cleaning, security, photocopiers, waste management etc.
● Undertake other ad-hoc and occasional tasks requested by the Administration Manager for ensuring the efficient operation of the office and school.
■Required Experience and Skills
● Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience within office management, administrational support and operations.
● Strong practical experience of creating official reports for both internal and external stakeholders with Google suite, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Basic understanding of budgeting and its tracking
● Ability to manage the team responsibly, compile and maintain documents with a high degree of accuracy.
● Exceptional speaking, writing, reading, and presentation skills in both English and Japanese.
● Experience in vendor management (RFQ, competitive bids, invoice check, etc.), cost saving initiatives or fixed asset management would be a plus.
● Experience of reviewing contracts or agreements would be a plus.
● Experience of leading or supporting project-based work would be a plus.