We are a global tech company—and we run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. We're the world leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With our software, hardware, and portfolio of services, we make more than 700 million transactions possible every day.
The Program Management Team Roles are required to oversee and coordinate the multiple projects, which comprise a program based on level of complexity for their specific role. Responsibilities of the roles originate in the Planning Phase and extend through the Deployment Phase of the Project Management Governance Process; Oversight of Program Management Process from Concept Phase through Deployment. Being effective in these roles requires a natural ability to lead, build strong, trusting partnerships across the organization and drive progress. The positions require a highly resourceful individual who thrives in a fast-moving, complex environment requiring vital emotional intelligence and self-motivation—the ability to influence & energize a diverse set of stakeholders towards a common goal.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• All roles to adhere to OPM Centers of Excellence (CoE) governance, policies, rules & reporting practices
• Responsible for project delivery excellence – plan & deploy
• Develop and be accountable for the project plan by integrating sub-project plans coordinating all delivery functions (Professional Services, Transactional Services, SW Maintenance, HW Maintenance, HW Operations, HW Engineering, & SW Engineering, etc.).
• Document and distribute timelines to team members for all projects
• Update project requirements and provide schedule details including detailed Work-Breakdown-Structures for all tasks and activities to team members
• Ensure resources are committed and engaged for all project phases
• Responsible for coordinating project communications, including compiling project information for reviews and promoting Governance compliance with the project management team
• Decompose project into time-phased projects and prioritize key deliverables;
• Assumes full accountability for the overall success of a project through the deployment
• Identify key project metrics/milestones, assess risks and mitigations
• Work with delivery functions to develop mitigation strategies and steps to eliminate or minimize the effects of risk on project plans
• Partner with OPM Senior Project Managers or Program Managers on selected projects and deliverables
• Publish weekly dashboard for Client Operation Leader (COL) and hold project review meetings where needed
• Prepares weekly (or at the frequency requested) client status reports
• Review and evaluate project documentation deliverables for completeness and accuracy;
• Work with a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager to do a post-implementation review and communicate results to facilitate learning
• Ability to manage projects across various cross-functional teams
• Manage the Change Control Process
• Regularly monitors assigned projects completion against schedule and budget
• Deliver projects on time, on budget, in scope with high quality
• Work with cross-functional teams for their deliverables (Professional Services, Transactional Services, SW Maintenance, HW Maintenance, HW Operations, HW Engineering, & SW Engineering, etc.) and escalate through a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager where necessary
• Conducts internal and external project kick-off, closures, and transition to business as usual
• Conduct internal and external status meetings, and reporting (tracking timeline, cost, scope).
• Issue and escalation management
• Ensure that transparent transition processes are in place to hand off the site support once the solution on deemed business as usual
• Works with a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager to Track and documents project's lessons learned
Core Competencies for successful performance in this role are:
• Highly developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
• Results/action-orientation; project management skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong problem solver
• Organizational agility; developed negotiation and conflict management
• Hands-on, willingness to deep dive to resolve issues (Extreme Ownership
• Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, and trust
• Continuous learner
• Able to navigate successfully within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work closely with the business leaders and development/implementation/support team
• Strong strategic/financial analysis skills
• Interact with customers (internal and external) to gather and confirm project requirements
• Simultaneously support project activity with multiple deliverables, team members and audiences requiring ongoing prioritization
• Update project requirements and provide schedule details to team members as required
• Interface with and coordinate with internal resources (ASMs, ESMS, etc.) as needed or required
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• 2-5 years Project Management Experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma + 2 years professional experience.
• The successful candidate will be high-energy, agile-minded, proactive, a direct communicator, highly organized, and committed to driving results.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite of Applications, QuickBase, SharePoint, and Project Management Methodology/Applications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment; prioritization, time management, and organization skills is necessary.
• Good sense of self and strong personal presence
• Willingness to work hard and lead the team
• The candidate is expected to indirectly manage an extensive team of internal associates from multiple organizations and establish client/stakeholder relationships.
• On the path to Project Management qualifications
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of Retail industry
• Must be willing to work APAC hours
• Willing to Travel
• Fluent in Japanese and English (Bilingual)