Top Global Enterprise Hardware Maker and Integrator
Top Global Enterprise Hardware Maker and Integrator
TITLE: PMO Manager – (profile mostly resembles a non-technical Sr. Program Manager)
The client is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. Their assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries.
The role of the PMO Manager is to ensure Transaction Services programs and projects (post-sales implementation) meet customer goals and requirements. PMO manager develops and implements best practices, oversees the work of project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
Main responsibilities of the PMO manager include scope management; program vision and blueprint development; benefits and quality management; stakeholder management; portfolio management; program, tranche and project planning including milestone management; risk and issue management; and vendor management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining risks, issues, assumptions, actions log; resource forecasting; change control; dependency management; and program reporting. Operationally, the PMO manager provides and enables project prioritization, management information, financial reporting, resource planning, decision making, and recruitment.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Accountable and responsible for the Transaction Services project / program delivery to all clients in Japan and Korea.
• Ensure the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
• Establish and implement frameworks and standards for Program and project governance including development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value.
• Oversee project revenue, costs and ensure finances are well managed
• Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across multiple Programs
• Appoint / recruit PMO resources based on PMO model
• Line Manage PMO staff and provide supportive leadership
• Track financial reporting whilst ensuring that the program and projects adhere to the corporate financial processes
• Track and report on program portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects and programs
• Provide accurate outlook forecasting.
• Monitor Project / Program overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
• Contributes to overall profitability of Japan Services by monitoring all areas of Project / Program expenditure and reporting on performance against variations.
• Coordinate project / program closure to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged.
• Assist the Japan Services Leadership team incorporate strategies for cost efficiencies within their business case and project design
• Prepare regular status reporting to all levels of the business ensure efficient change control methods and process are utilized
• Liaise with Procurement for onboarding new suppliers, rate card / SOW negotiations and execution with vendors/partners.
• Managing external contractors / vendors and managing the quality and timeliness of their outputs.
• Constantly looking for continuous improvements in PMO operations and be part of yearly Services Strategic Deployment Program
• Manage key decision points in program plan; Communicate effectively at the Global, Regional, and Area levels including GM and Cx layers.
• Manage program to ensure deliverables are produced, and partner to obtain sign-offs; Work with partners to clarify roles and responsibilities so program is well executed.
• Negotiate within and across IT organizations for resources to support program objectives; Support negotiations with vendors and internal clients on cost, schedule, and scope; Re-negotiate contracts with sponsors to meet change requirements while maintaining benefits.
• Develop mitigation strategies and steps to eliminate or minimize effects of risk on program IT plans.
• Review and evaluate program documentation deliverables for completeness and accuracy; Conduct post-implementation review and communicate results to facilitate learning.
• Establishing ownership of enterprise-wide issues.
• Organize and coordinate cross-functional resources.
• Managing the implementation of global business solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 8+ years of related experience.
• Large Infrastructure rollout/deployment experience. Ability to lead a team in complex matrix organization.
• Ability to manage global, strategic high-risk programs involving complex cross-program interlocks.
• Ability to influence and work closely with the Business Leaders, Senior leadership, IT Partners, and peers for the project, the customer, and the development/implementation team within a Project Team environment.
• Interface with multiple business functions and organizations, as well as multiple specialists, in defining, producing and managing plans for successful project delivery
• Ability to lead/coordinate a cross-functional team, ensuring that projects meet defined scope, time, cost, and quality constraints.
• Ability to deal with organizational influences, ambiguity, and continuous change.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate.
• Change Management certification / qualification